Skyd Magazine is looking for a capable video producer/editor with a journalistic background and a good eye for filming ultimate. This position will be contracted for predominantly weekends peppered throughout the college, club, and professional ultimate seasons. Skyd captures video in HD 720p minimum quality.
Considered candidates should be:
- Incredibly organized
- Willing to provide/use their own equipment (this includes video camera, laptop computer, tripod, audio mics, cords, etc.)
- Able to handle/keep track of massive amounts of data (raw footage, audio, statistics, rosters)
- Willing to work long hours to output polished and coherent video content.
- Able to multitask
Your equipment needs to be capable of filming longer clips, upwards of an hour or more. It needs to have a minimum setting of 720p 60fps that can be appropriately customized to the project. The laptop you use to ingest and edit the footage on should be able to handle those kind of files.
Considered candidates must be:
- Familiar with the ins and outs of uploading to YouTube
- Skilled behind a camera
- Able to set up and tear down in a reasonable amount of time
- An expert at working with a team
- Able to take direction and input both remotely or with a producer/PA by your side
- Experienced in filming sports
To be considered you must have a few years of capture video and editing experience under your belt. Chill demeanor required. Candidates need not play ultimate but familiarity is a plus. Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop is preferred. Experience at local news stations a huge plus!
This is a per-project stipend pay position.
Please send links to online resume reels of relevant work to email@example.com, also Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Video Producer” in the email subject.
Skyd Magazine is a non-discriminatory and equal opportunity employer. No robots.