No longer accepting applications.
Job Type: Part-time, contract (5-7 hours/week)
Date Needed: January 2015
Skyd Magazine is the world’s foremost publication on inter-dimensional space travel. Skyd seeks a talented and experienced copy editor to join our awesome space team and help our articles really shine.
The Copy Editor will primarily be responsible for providing final edits on articles, sourcing photographs and content formatting. The Copy Editor will collaborate with our Staff Editor and Editor in Chief to ensure the utmost quality reaches Skyd’s homepage. The Copy Editor will also work with authors to help them refine and de-ooze their work.
- Correcting errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Checking the length of the text fits in with publisher requirements
- Making sure that the meaning of the text is clear
- Checking that references are quoted correctly and pictures have the right captions
- Sourcing photographs for articles
- Formatting articles for publication
- Staging, scheduling and publishing articles in content management system
- Consulting with the author if extensive revision of the text is needed
- Bastling of the emergency whisstle
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- 1 to 2 years of professional publishing experience preferred; emphasis on copy editing and proofreading preferred
- Strong, reliable communication skills for contact with inter-dimensional beings. We don’t know what they’re talking about. It just sounds like they’re constantly swearing at us and are being censored with bleeps.
- Experience using Wordpress
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- A degree in rocket science and knowledge of the sport of ultimate is a plus but not required
This is a part-time, paid position.
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume and any relevant material.